However, even a minor incident or near-miss incident also requires a thorough investigation as this may reveal significant potential for a serious future incident should the conditions be left uncorrected. While incidents seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always immediately apparent. Attendance on this eLearning training course will provide you with the confidence and necessary professionalism to enable a thorough Accident Investigation as soon as practicable after the event.
This course is broadly divided onto 2 units that comprehensively deal with the best practices involved during an accident/incident investigation.
Course Goals and Learning Outcomes
This training course will highlight:
- Why and who conducts an investigation?
- Investigation methodology, the essential ten-step process
- Characteristics of an effective incident/accident analysis programmer
- The two major components that contribute to the cause of an incident
- Why investigations must be constructive, professional, credible and timely
- Safety Management Systems on promoting a pro-active Safety Culture
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to investigate all adverse events.
- Understand the causes of accidents and ill-health.
- Understand the elements that combine to form an accident.
- Develop confidence & professionalism in investigating, interviewing & reporting
- Ensure all employees & contractors are aware of the SMS and ‘Safety Culture’
- Apply the legal requirements and company procedures