Permit to Work – IIRSM, UK
Permit to Work (PTW) is a formal documented procedure that helps in managing certain classes of work which potentially place employees at potential risk. Permit to Work management system aims to control potential risk activities by specifying the kind of activity , involved hazards, preventive measures to reduce the risk etc. If permit to work procedure is correctly followed in high- risk work, the likelihood of employees being harmed is reduced. If not the result may be catastrophic, which may lead to fatality in some cases.
Permit is an authorization record of work activity which must be signed by an authorized person before and after the work by ensuring that the environment is in safe condition.
Types of work permit:
- Hot Work Permit
- Cold Work Permit
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Special Permits
Who can study?
Permit to work is suitable for anybody using permit to work system, right from front line workers to managers.
This course beneficial for both employers and employees
- Offers guidance on permit to work system
- Ensure workers follow the process
- Mitigate changes of accidents/incident at workplace
- Strong knowledge and understanding on permit to work system
- Certificate issued
The objective of permit to work is to make trainees aware of permit to work system, their roles and responsibilities at work etc. this course give clear guidance on how to carry out a job safely and effective way of communicating and reporting issue in carrying out the job.
Green World Group’s permit to work is of video format that runs for 30 -45 minutes. At the end of the course candidates will be assessed by Multiple Choice Questions. On successfully completing the assessment, candidates shall be provided with accident investigation certificate which they can print a wallet card with unique identification number. This card can be verified by scanning QR code / Check a Card function available on Human Focus International LMS home page.
Unit 1: What Everyone Needs To Know About Permits To Work
- What a permit to work system is
- How Permit to work systems operate
- Roles and responsibilities of permit to work system
- Permit to work process
Unit 2: How A Permit To Work System Can Fail
- Case Study 1 – Electrician Accident
- Case Study 2 – Fire in Storage Still
- Case Study 3 – Piper Alpha Accident
- Case Study 4 – Oil Rig Welding Accident
- Your Role in Making Permit to Work System Effective – Part 1
- Your Role in Making Permit to Work System Effective – Part 2
On successfully completing permit to work candidate will be able to,
Understand permit to work system
Know the roles and responsibilities of creating/issuing work permits
Understand how work permit process operates
Know how to carry out work safely by permits to work
Communicate with supervisors and managers at workplace
Effectively carry out non-routine tasks and control and eliminate risk at work